Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Why Wee-dah?

Some of my inner circle have asked me why I am signing my name as Wee-dah.

it's a legitimate question...cuz my name is "Wida".

BUT...

it's pronounced Wee-dah.

soooo, here's the story:
As I was entering my first challenge and I saw the many, many cards and names and symbols and interesting phrases etc I wondered how I was going to stand out in this crowd. How do I get people to remember me?

I bet your thinking, well, isn't Wida interesting enough?  Sure, if it's said right. but most of the time it isn't.

people call me so many things: wide-a, wilda, Rita, what? it's very frustrating.

I just wanted people to know, even if it is just read in blog land, how it is said. If there was room, I would add the line (that's how you say it) so people could tell the difference.

However, now that I decided I am going to give this blog thing a serious go, I don't want people to get confused, and having too many names, phonetically speaking or not, can do that. After all, I am now an award winning card maker thanks to Hero Arts and Young Crafters Unite. I need to figure this out before I get famous. LOL. seriously LOL.

With that in mind, I plan on going back to my roots, if you will, and signing my name at the end of every post, entry for every challenge, comment to other bloggers as my real deal, confusing and hard to remember, but the one my mamma gave me name.

ie.

Wida

simple. uh, maybe too simple. Maybe I will work on a catch phrase...hmmm (insert evil laugh here).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by...