Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Runway Inspired Challenge #22



you would think I learned my lesson from the last post, but I didn't! Once again I mounted the star on pop ups before thinking things through on the card. Hence, it's not awesome, decent, but not awesome.

This card goes to Runway Inspired Challenge. See the right corner of her blouse? the stripes go kind of at an angle. It made me thing of Iris Folds. So after watching a few tutorials, I found a star template HERE. Nothing says Tommy Hilfiger like a star (very Americana)! Plus her jacket lapels kind of look like points in a star.





So some more on my journey to finding out who I am as a designer. (you can find more about this HERE and HERE) I like to try new things. There are so many techniques on the internet to learn. BUT if you want to stay true to who you are, you have to incorporate the technique to YOUR style. There were all kinds of styles of iris folds out here with patterned paper, and shapes like hats and cowboy boots, and so on, but I stayed clean and simple with a shape that I love. I am trying not to let the product, technique lead the way of the design as I had before, but rather, have the product fit into MY aesthetic.


19 comments:

  1. Amazing FOLDs.I love the placement of the star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait for you to be on the design team! Maybe the rest of us will have more chance! This is so clever, original and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What part of this is not awesome? None of it. This is completely and totally AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the heck...I just can't wrap my mind around this card. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super cool and I have no idea how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pass the awesomesauce, please! Just love it. The kraft goes so well with the crisp red and white. Like your comments on trying new things but fitting them into your style. It's a great mix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know this card is pretty awesome right? You better win with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is ultra amazing! you should definitely be on the design team :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers! This is uber guber amazing!! You are so winning this one!! This figuring out your design style is really working for you ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...