Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tim Gunn on the Brain

There is a new sketch challenge in town called Case This Sketch, and I thought it might be fun to push myself and give it a try. Lisa Arana, who is on the design team, and my Paper Made Bakery Design Team too :) made a helpful video to help ease my fear on how to approach sketches. The challenge starts tomorrow by the way, I am just getting an early start thanks to Lisa's video.



And I also wanted to enter Casual Fridays. 



The challenge is to make a card with a heart in it. They have an announcement coming up and IT. IS. DRIVING. ME. BONKERS with guessing and wondering and decoding. I can't wait to find out!

So here is my card. It was an accident really. I had planned on putting glitter on the center heart, but when I die cut it, it wouldn't come out! so I left it as is and mounted it on some yellow card stock.




After 10 months of blogging, I have found my love spot for photos. I will show you in an upcoming post ;) This photo was taken in this special spot! I love the mood and the lighting has been consistent. AND NO WINDOW SILL!


for the background of the below story, click HERE.

Tim Gunn Presents:

Step ONE in finding out WHO I AM AS A DESIGNER... I KNOW I am CAS. for sure no doubt. I love the beautiful layers and patterns and embellishments of other card makers, but in my core and when I see designs I especially love, they are clean and simple.

It's a first step indeed.

Consistency of photos is another. And I think I figured that one too. So far the self examination is paying off. Tim Gunn would be proud.

35 comments:

  1. Thud! Amazing heart!! Love, love, love! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what a simple creative design! really cool that you used the little "accident" for your advantage. If it was me, I would have cut it apart with my little scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a happy accident, lovely card! love how you jumped right in after Lisa's sneak peek. thank you for joining us at CTS challenge ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous! Way to run with an unexpected glitch - this offside heart is really fun & funky :) And how I love the soft light in your photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. spectacular, Wida! it's a winner to me...and thanks for the link to Lisa's video. she's a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and I can't wait to see your photo spot! love the lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! You are perfectly CAS and I love that you keep looking for new and interesting techniques. This is a WINNER Wida!! You know I can pick them, can't always make them but I can pick them - LOL. Love the new photo lighting, looking forward to hearing all about your new spot! I'm going crazy too waiting for the BIG Announcement. Not too much longer to wait now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wida, you are a ROCKSTAR student! Ha. I love that you tackled this sketch and so beautifully as well. I hope it is just the beginning for you. Well done lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I'm just in awe of your card.... loving the dimension with the turned up layers, I must take a look at that video too :0)
    Thanks for getting crafty with us at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came across a similar happy accident when my fearn die didn't cut through a while back: made the perfect pop up focal point. I love (pun unashamedly intended!) the same effect with that heart die - so much dimension! Hooray for happy accidents!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card! You gotta love happy accidents :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wida, genius card! I love it all! The textured cardstock makes a world of difference - I am just realizing this and have to run out to grab some! Thanks for sharing in the excitement over the announcement...not that much longer... :) Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card! I just love those "happy accidents"! Your design is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!! Love this CAS design, Wida! I am glad that you found a happy spot for the photo-taking! Part of the fun in stamping/blogging is learning new things!! So glad that you join the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to see opportunity in what I might see scrap pile. Very creative, Wida. Your card is fantastic (and I love that it's on yellow too!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job combining challenges! The die cut heart is beautiful Wida! So glad you played along in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how this card turned out, Wida! I too have Sketch Fright, so I've just been over to watch Lisa's video - very helpful. I may even enter one of the challenges...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't you just love when a card decides for itself how it is going to look? I think it turned out amazing! I'm SO glad you played along at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Superbly CAS. gorgeous! Do like yrff the edge positioning too
    Lindsey x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love happy accidents! And mounting it on a yellow card base? Brillliant!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Clever design, Wida! Congrats on the CFC honor!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay Wida! Congrats on being a CF fave! Woo hoooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy Cow, girl!!! This card is all types of AWESOME!!! Congrats on your CAS-ual Fridays Favorite win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the CAS-ual Fridays win!! I love how you turned what some would call a fail into an absolute win!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card and congrats on the CAS-ual Fridays shout out. And now you know all about the beans too LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wilda this is gorgeous and congrats on your CASual Friday's shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning card, Wida! Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I remember seeing this a while back, somehow my comment is missing in singing the praises for this card!! It is stunning Wida!! Just... wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...